My application running in JBoss 5.1.0 GA has to do authentication using Base 64 encoded cookie which is created by another 3rd party application running on IIS. While reading the cookie from the request object, the '=' got truncated, as JBoss 5.1.0 GA considering it as invalid cookie character. I cann't change the '=' to some other characters like '_' before adding the cookie, becuase the cookie was created by 3rd party appliation which is running on IIS. Even I have tried by setting the STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=false, it is not switching the invalid cookie characters to valid cookie character if cookie is created by another application running on IIS.
Steps to re-produce:
1. Write an application called 'dotNetApp1' to Create cookie called "AthuNCookie".
2. Deploy this application on IIS 6.0
3. Write a simple WebApplication called 'javaApp1' to read the "AthuNCookie" from the browser/request object.
4. Deploy this web application in JBoss 5.1.0 GA.
5. Access "http://hostname/dotNetApp1" - this will create 'AuthNCookie" in the browser.
6. In the same browser, change the URL to "http://hostname:8080/javaApp1" to read the "AuthNCookie"
Could you please let me know is JBoss patch available for this issue or any work-around also will be fine.
In case if patch or work-around is not available, let me know Which JBoss version consider '=' as valid cookie character.