We should do a community review on the ExtensionLoader API and ServiceExtensionLoader implementation. This is the mechanism used to power Assignable.as();
- Archives API should not expose extension loading configuration (
- ServiceExtensionLoader needs documentation at class-level and on methods
- ServiceExtensionLoader is not Thread-safe (or documented that this is the responsibility of the client, ArchiveBase, which does not sync access)
- OK to always use TCCL at time of instantiation to find extension impls and classes?
- ServiceExtensionLoader instance needs to be carried in the state of every archive? Should some Assignable types be given access to different service extension loaders? To me this looks like a singular point of configuration possibly warranting use of a Singleton.
- All extension loading as a feature needs Wiki documentation