I'm trying to test the soon-to-be-released JRuby 1.5 with TorqueBox, but, ultimately, I'm getting an error such as http://gist.github.com/357970 when I start the server.
The error may very well be due to something that I botched. It could also be due to a bug in JRuby. Or it may be due to a TorqueBox bug. Or it might even be a combination of these factors. I'd like to get the issue resolved, whatever it might be.
Here's what I did to get that error:
1. Download TorqueBox 1.0.0 beta 19. Expand to any directory.
2. Build JRuby 1.5 distribution package from trunk. You can get a snapshot from http://ci.jruby.org/snapshots/jruby-bin-1.5.0.dev.tar.gz . Expand to the same directory as above. Move the resulting jruby-1.5.0.dev directory to jruby. (mv jruby-1.5.0.dev jruby)
3. Recursively copy jruby to the TorqueBox directory. (cp -r jruby torquebox-1.0.0.Beta19-bin)
4. export TORQUEBOX_HOME=$PWD/torquebox-1.0.0.Beta19-bin
5. export JRUBY_HOME=$TORQUEBOX_HOME/jruby
6. export JBOSS_HOME=$TORQUEBOX_HOME/jboss
7. Verify that jruby is correct with 'jruby -v'.
8. Create Rails app: jruby -S rails -m $TORQUEBOX_HOME/share/rails/template.rb test_app
9. cd test_app
10. Deploy: jruby -S rake torquebox:rails:deploy
11. Start: jruby -S rake torquebox:server:run